Are you a former foster youth aged 18-26?
Youth formerly in foster care have a NEW option for health care coverage. If they meet the requirements, youth may be eligible for Medicaid through age 26 with NO income or asset guidelines. Eligibility provides full Medicaid services, including: physical, mental health, dental and vision services.
To qualify for youth must:
- Be between the ages of 18 & 26.
- Have been enrolled in Medicaid at the time of case closure.
- Have been in foster care under Nebraska or Nebraska tribe’s responsibility at age 18.
- Not be eligible for or enrolled in mandatory Medicaid coverage through another Medicaid eligibility category (including parent/caretaker relatives, pregnant women, children, or Aid to the AABD/MA).
How to Apply
Call the DHHS ACCESSNebraska Customer Service Center at 1-800-383-4278 to request that a paper application be mailed to you or download an electronic application at http://1.usa.gov/1u08ucl and mail it in to your local DHHS office.
Stop by any local DHHS office to request a paper application. When completed, this may be mailed, faxed or electronically submitted to the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Contact NFC Aftercare Services at 402-492-2500 for assistance with the application process.
- Talk with your local DHHS office, PALS worker or contact Project Everlast Omaha at 402-384-4670.
- Contact DHHS ACCESSNebraska Customer Service Center at 1-800-383-4278, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Central time).